In years past we were able to devote an entire day with no interruptions but this year came with a new set of challenges-keeping a baby entertained long enough to dive into a task without getting sidetracked. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. And boy did we make those nap times count.
I also recruited my brother, who owns his own landscaping company (Clean Cut Curbs), to help out. The extra set of hands and hard work was a life saver. We had a long list of things to do and he really came through-thanks bro!
Here is our yard work to-do list:
- Clean out all the beds and remove the old mulch (we had about 25 bags full in the end!)
- Till up the soil in the backyard and put down seed
- Fertilize the front and back yard
- Put down rock along the side of the driveway and a couple other spots
- Re-plant all the beds (5 beds in all)
- Put down all new mulch (about 25 bags worth)
- Plant new Japanese Maple tree
- Build vegetable garden border
- Plant veggie garden
It might have taken a little more strategy, a little more time and a little more stop-and-go this year but in the end, we got to step back and admire our hard work as a family of three. Our little house is just a tiny bit more special this time around.
Anybody else busy getting their yards into shape? Other springtime work?