Goals: Our main objectives with the office was to create two clear workspaces for Chase and myself so we didn't have to share. We also wanted a very clean looking area without a lot of distraction. And lastly we wanted to be very organized.
What we started with:
The house we purchased had been flipped so everything was fresh and new. This provided a clean slate for us to work with.
The mood board:
The moodboard was created after a few purchases had been made BUT we made those purchases with our goals in mind.
This was the first step in transforming the room. We chose the color Seed Pearl for a fresh and simple backdrop to the office. We put 2 coats on the walls and 3 on the ceiling.
Our entire office is decked out in Ikea, and for good reason. Its affordable and the style we were going for. We got 2 tables turned desks, a dresser for storage and some other extras from the big blue store in Frisco.
The big reveal:
This is the same corner in the before picture and this space is my desk.
The shevles and storage boxes were also purchased from Ikea.
Chase's work space complete with the hint of orange for Oklahoma State.
The shopping list: I wanted to break down the total budget of the room so you could a feel for what this makeover cost.
- Paint and paint supplies (2 gallons Seed Pearl, misc brushes, rollers, dropcloths, etc.)- $86
- Desks (Torsby dining tables, Ikea $179ea)- $358
- Storage unit (Hopen 4 drawer dresser, Ikea)- $149
- Chairs (find from Joz vintage in Tulsa, OK)- $109 for the pair
- Shelves (Ekby Jarpen shelves in black/brown, Ikea $14.99ea)- $29.98
- Shelf brackets (Ekby Bjarnum shelf brackets, Ikea $15ea)- $30
- Magnetic boards and magnets (Ikea, boards $9.99ea, magnets $1.99ea)- $23.96
- Storage boxes (Kasset DVD boxes, green and orange, Ikea $4.99ea 2pk)- $9.98
- Lamp (Target clearance)- $8
- File cabinet (Target, already had)- $0
- Printer (already had)- $0
Total for project= $803.92